Magento is one of the leading Open Source eCommerce platforms in the market. Many merchants in the region use Magento as their shopping cart website. There are multiple payment options available in Magento similar to other eCommerce applications.
To accept payments from the customers using N-Genius Payment Gateway, merchants, who are running a Magento online store, would require a payment integration plugin from N-Genius to integrate their Magento online store and N-Genius Payment.
Magento Shopping Cart application should be installed and configured properly
The latest version of the plugin can be downloaded here.
- Login to Magento Admin Panel and go Magento connection Manager. System->Magento Connect->Magento Connect Manager -> (Login with credentials)
- Navigate to Direct package file upload -> Upload package file
- Choose the Module package file.
- Click on “Upload” button, the extension is been installed successfully.
- After the successful installation, click on “Refresh” button to view N-Genius Payment Gateway in the list.
- Once the module is installed go the Magento Admin side and enable the module, please navigate to System->Configuration->Payment Methods. Please add the merchant details
- Once the installation is completed, please add the Merchant Details. Please navigate to System->Configuration->Payment Methods
- Before saving the configuration, Enter the payment configuration values for Enabled, Title, Environment (UAT/LIVE), Payment Action as SALES/AUTHORIZE, Status of New Order, Outlet Ref ID, API Key, Transaction Type, Debug.
- Please cross check your cron is enabled or not, from the admin side for Query API, Cron job which must run at every 5 minutes. For this we recommended to enable AOE Cron job extension which can be downloaded from the magento connect directly.
- Please cross check the extension files and folders, for your Magento project.
When the customer is doing an online shopping in the merchant website, the N-Genius Payment Gateway will be available as a payment option in the “Checkout” Page
- Open Magento website and add some items to the cart.
- Click on Checkout and follow the steps in the Checkout process.
- N-Genius Payment Gateway is available as a payment option and click on the same to continue button and place the order.
- The page will be redirected to N-Genius Payment Gateway. Fill in the card details.
- When clicking on “Pay Now” button, it gets redirected to a 3D Secure page.
- After successful submit, Payment accepted screen will appear.
- Once the payment is processed and click on “Return to Basket” button, the page will be redirected to the Magento website
Admin users can view the payment transaction log from the admin panel, to view the logs Reports -> Sales -> N-Genius Reports
Admin side order details Sales -> Orders
Order Information view
While customer makes his payment on N-Genius Payment Gateway, worst case scenario is if the card holders browser has been been closed or their system got shut down, Magento will not receive any response from N-Genius Payment Gateway to process the order. To handle these cases, we have included Query API Cron Job which will check the status of the order and updates Magento. Query API Cron Job will check previous one hour’s orders and if there are any missing orders with pending status it will hit N-Genius Payment Gateway API and update the status of the order and send the order confirmation mail.
Updated 24 minutes ago