WooCommerce is a customizable, open-source eCommerce platform built on WordPress. It makes creating and managing an online store simple, with reasonable levels of flexibility and several vital features such as inventory and tax management, secure payments and shipping integration.
It’s a free plugin. It lets you turn a WordPress website into an ecommerce store. WooCommerce is fully compatible with the functions on your WordPress site. It allows you to add products, a shopping cart, and checkout options.
WooCommerce also offers many helpful features, like order tracking, customer engagement, delivery status updates, inventory management, and more. With over 27 million downloads to date, WooCommerce powers 99% of all WordPress stores. WooCommerce has a low degree of difficulty. It’s easy to use for beginner site owners.
|WooCommerce Version||Minimum WordPress Version||Minimum PHP Version|
|6.6||5.8||7.2 (7.4 strongly recommended) *|
Minimum PHP Version
PHP versions less than 7.3+ and MySQL versions less than 5.6 no longer receive active support, many versions are at End of Life, and are therefore no longer maintained. As such, using outdated and unsupported versions of MySQL and PHP may expose your site to security vulnerabilities.
Please download the latest version of the WooCommerce plug-in; it can be downloaded here:
- Login to WooCommerce Admin Panel and navigate to Plugins-> Add New-> Add Plugins
- Click on Upload Plugin and select the correct package file to upload
- Click on “Install” button, as above. Once the installation is completed, click on ‘’Activate Plugin”
- After successful installation and activation of the plugin, click on Settings to enable and configure the plugin.
To correctly configure the plugin, please add the N-Genius payment details.
Go to Plugin ->Installed Plugins-> N- Genius Online Payment Gateway ->Settings Tab -> Configure N-Genius Online payment details and enter the following details:
- Title: Text to display in the front-end
- Environment: Sandbox/Live
- Payment Action: Authorize/Sale/Purchase
- Sandbox/Live API URL – Default URLs pre-loaded. For Partners - Enter URLs provided by Partner
- Currency & Outlet ID: It should match the environment selected.
- Outlet 2 Currencies (Optional) – For merchants who have signed up for more than one currency. Limited to 3 currencies.
- Outlet 2 Reference ID (Optional) – The Outlet ID for additional currencies
- Hosted Payment Page API Key: It should match the environment selected.
- Debug Log: log file will be created.
When the customer is doing online shopping on the merchant website, the “N-Genius Online” Payment Gateway will now be available as a payment option on the “Checkout” Page.
To check this, please follow these steps...
- Open WordPress WooCommerce Shop website and add some items to the cart. Click on Proceed to Checkout Button and follow the steps in the Checkout process.
- You will notice that N-Genius Online Payment Gateway is available as a payment option. Click on the same to place order Button. Click Place Order to be redirected to the Payment Page.
- The page will be redirected to the “N-Genius Payment Gateway”. Fill the card details. After submitting the details, the page will be redirected to a 3D Secure page.
- Once the payment is processed, your browser will be redirected back to the WooCommerce Shop website.
- To view the test order you just placed, go to WooCommerce -> Orders
- When viewing the order, you will be able to Void the transaction if the transaction type was Authorize
- When viewing the order, you will be able to Capture the transaction if the transaction type was Authorize
- When viewing the order, you will be able to Refund the transaction after 24 hours if the transaction type was Sale or Purchase. The same applies when capturing the transaction.
- To Void an order, navigate to WooCommerce > Orders and select the Order you’d like to Void. Once in the Order view, there will be an N-Genius box on the right side of the page. Click Void. The status of the order will change to N-Genius Auth Reversed.
- To Capture an Order, Go to WooCommerce > Orders and select the Order you’d like to Capture. Once in the Order view, there will be an N-Genius box on the right side of the page. Click Capture. The status of the order will change to N-Genius Captured.
- To Refund an Order, Go to WooCommerce > Orders and select the Order you’d like to Refund. Once in the Order view, there will be a Refund button in the Product Box. Click Refund. You will now be able to edit the orders cost and quantity before Refunding the customer. Enter the desired Amount/Quantity and Click Refund via N-Genius. A Pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm. Click Ok. The status of the order will change to N-Genius Partially Refunded. If you’ve processed a Partial refund, you can repeat the same process to refund the remaining amount.
To receive notifications when any Network International plugin versioning or new plugin has been released, you will need to follow the below steps:
- Create an account on GitHub here
- Once your account is created, click on this link which will take you directly to the Network International repository.
- Click follow. You will start receiving updates when new/updated plugins have been released
- Once in the network-international repository, scroll down or search for the plugin that you would like to be notified on.
- Once the plugin is found, go into the repository, and click Watch. You will now receive all notifications for the plugin.
- You can also use Custom notification settings by clicking on the down arrow if you would like to be notified of certain events
- If you receive the below error, please check if the correct environment is selected and that the API Key is correct
Error! Bad token request.
- If you receive the below error, Outlet ID is incorrect. Please confirm that you’ve inserted the Outlet ID
Failed! Access Denied
- If you receive the below error, this means that the currency added in WooCommerce does not match the currency that’s loaded for the Outlet ID for N-Genius. Please confirm the correct currency
`Failed! No payment method available for currency
- If you receive the below error, this means the API Key is incorrect or has an incorrect character
Error! Invalid configuration.
Updated 4 months ago