Magento is one of the leading Open-Source ecommerce platforms in the market. Many merchants in the region use Magento as their shopping cart website. There are multiple payment options available in Magento similar to other ecommerce applications. To accept payments from the customers using the N-Genius Payment gateway, merchants, who are running a Magento online store will require a payment integration plugin from N-Genius to integrate their Magento online store and the N-Genius Payment gateway.
Software dependencies: Supports Magento 2.4.5 onwards
The updated list of system requirements is available here
- Composer - 2.2
- Elasticsearch - 7.17
- OpenSearch - 1.2
- MariaDB - 10.4
- MySQL - 8.0
- PHP - 8.1
- RabbitMQ - 3.9
- Redis - 6.2
- Varnish - 7.0
- Apache - 2.4
- nginx - 1.18
- AWS Aurora (MySQL) - 8.0
- AWS S3 - YES
- AWS MQ - 3.9.13
- AWS ElastiCache Redis - 6
- AWS Elasticsearch - 7.9
- AWS OpenSearch - 1.2
The latest version of the plugin can be downloaded here
- Download the N-Genius Module zip file (see previous section)
- Extract the contents of the above-mentioned .zip file to your preferred location on your computer. That can be done using unzipping applications such as WinZip and many others, but for a complete list of suitable applications and programs, simply search the Internet for an "unzipping application". This process should create several files and folders at the location you chose to extract them
- Please check if there is a code directory under the app folder path. If it does not exist, please create it and then copy the
- Run the below commands to install the N-Genius module where is the primary web server user. Ask your web hosting provider if you are unsure.
sudo -u <Magento file system owner> php bin/magento module:enable NetworkInternational_NGenius sudo -u <Magento file system owner> php bin/magento setup:upgrade sudo -u <Magento file system owner> php bin/magento setup:di:compile sudo -u <Magento file system owner> php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy sudo -u <Magento file system owner> php bin/magento indexer:reindex sudo -u <Magento file system owner> php bin/magento cache:clean
- Once the installation is completed, log into the admin panel and navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods and click on N-Genius Payment Gateway. After configuring the module with your merchant details, click on the Save Config button
- Title: Text to display in the front-end
- Environment: Sandbox/Live
- Payment Action: Authorize/Sale/Purchase
- Sandbox/Live API URL – Default URLs pre-loaded. For Partners - Enter URLs provided by the Bank
- Outlet Reference ID: ID should match the environment selected.
- Outlet 2 Currencies (Optional) – For merchants who have signed up for more than one currency. Limited to 3 currencies.
- Outlet 2 Reference ID (Optional) – The Outlet ID for additional currencies
- Hosted Payment Page API Key: API Key should match the environment selected.
- Debug: log file will be created.
When the customer is doing online shopping on the merchant’s website, the “N-Genius Online” Payment Gateway will now be available as a payment option on the “Checkout” Page.
To check this, please follow these steps...
- Open the Magento Luma Website and add some items to the cart. Click on Proceed to Checkout Button and follow the steps in the Checkout process
- The page will be redirected to the “N-Genius Payment Page”. Fill in the card details. After submitting the details, the page will be redirected to a 3D Secure page.
- Once the payment is processed, your browser will be redirected back to the Magento Luma Website.
- To view the test order you just placed, go to the Magento Admin Panel, then click Sales and select Orders
- When viewing the order, you will be able to Void the transaction if the transaction type was Authorize
- When viewing the order, you will be able to Refund the transaction after 24 hours if the transaction type was Sale or Purchase
- When viewing the order, you will be able to Refund the transaction within 24 hours if the transaction type was Purchase. This refunds the entire amount (partial refunds are not possible).
- To Refund an Order, Go to Sales > Orders and then click View on the order you’d like to Refund. Once the order is displayed, Click Invoices in the side menu and then click View under Action. The Invoice for the transaction will now be displayed. Click Credit Memo. The below screen will be displayed. Click on the Refund button to process the Refund. If you’d like to process a Partial Refund, you will need to edit the QTY of the product and then click Update QTY’s and then click Refund
- To Void an Order, Go to Sales > Orders and then click View on the order you’d like to Void (Auth Reversal). Click Void and then click Ok to confirm. Please note that you can only Void a transaction if the transaction has a transaction status ‘N-Genius Authorised’
- If you receive the below error, please check if you have the correct API URL loaded
- If you receive the below error, please check if you have the correct Environment, API URL, or API Key loaded
Bad token request. This may be due to an error in the configured Environment, API URL or API Key
- If you receive the below error, Outlet ID is incorrect. Please confirm that you’ve inserted the correct Outlet ID
Message: Forbidden: Access Denied
- If you receive the below error, the currency is not linked/loaded to the Outlet ID
Message: Unprocessable Entity: No payment method available for currency
Updated 4 days ago